Managing your business as it grows into a brand is a
little like watching a baby become a child or a teenager
turning into an adult.
Seeing your business go from ‘bland’ to brand can be highly rewarding in the full sense of the word. Brands and the ability to increase brand awareness are the make and break of business. A strong brand can do a great deal for your business.
A Brand builds customer loyalty.
Importantly as we all know from first-hand experience – loyal customers become your
best (and cheapest) sales force, extolling your virtues to their many friends, colleagues and family.
They also keep coming back, easing the pressure on your marketing and sales effort, lowering
your total cost of sale and increasing your profit margins.
A Brand gives you permission to charge premium pricing.
A strong and desired brand allows you to command higher prices for the same or similar product or service as a competitor’s because your customers derive added benefits from a brand they trust.
A Brand differentiates you from the competition.
Your product, organisation or service allows you to stand out and apart from the competition, imbued and regarded as having special qualities that are carried by your brand.
So how can you tell and when will you know that your business has become a Brand?
Amongst other things BrandQuest has identified as the benefits of a branding strategy are the following key indicators:
- You’ll know exactly who your best and most profitable customers are and where and how to find others just like them.
- Your customers clearly understand why they purchase from you – as opposed to your competitors and they value these reasons.
- You can more easily ‘stretch’ your product or services with extended product lines and sub-brands that cost less to penetrate their target market.
- All staff (and importantly potential staff) understand your brand’s positioning. The brand essence and DNA permeate the business, its products, communications, personality and ‘look and feel’.
- All communications (external and internal) are disciplined, integrated and consistent to maximize effectiveness and relevance at all and every customer ‘contact’ point.
- All marketing investment delivers a cumulative and compounding effect and return on your capital investment.
- Your company, its people and products become better understood as a result of your ability to increase brand awareness.
- Your company will become stronger and more resilient to competitive attack or challenger brands, while at the same time your brand value builds equity in the business and this in turn creates long-term value for stakeholders
- You no longer have the need to explain to friends, neighbours and strangers what it is that your business makes, serves or sells. Your brand has done that job for you!
All in all, there’s hardly a better asset for your business than creating strong brand as a result of your ability to increase awareness.
So how can you increase brand awareness through a brand building process?
You will need to seek the advice and input of proven experts in the field who can assist you in your understanding of the brand development process.
The first step to increased brand awareness is to create a robust and thorough brand marketing strategy.
The marketing strategy is the foundation for your brand development process guiding all your future marketing and will ensure you have the answers to five fundamental BrandQuestions to marketing success:
- What you need to say
- Who you need to say it to
- How you should say it
- Why you can say what you do
- When to say it for maximum effect
The answers to these five questions become the basis for a robust marketing strategy
that will increase brand awareness, drive your sales and business growth and provide the foundations for all your future brand awareness campaign ideas and marketing tactics.
BrandQuest is a strategy and brand management consultancy that intrinsically believes that great brands are born of the founders and staff who work there. They are not the result of an outsourced creative endeavour but the cumulative knowledge that a company possesses.
Since 2007, BrandQuest has developed a process that within a 3 week time frame can extract and refine this inner knowledge into a powerful brand strategy.
Our clients work with us because they seek:
- Increased brand and business value
- Alignment, clarity and direction for their Branding
- Robust, authentic and fearless advice